Recommended Online slotsShow more
Dead or Alive slot is a Netent’s release that has 5×3 playing grid and a crime theme. This video slot has only 9 fixed paylines, but this fact is compensated by a myriad of bonus features and special symbols. Be ready to enjoy wilds, scatters, free spins and multipliers as you chase the criminals.
In the Dead or Alive slot machine, players are after the Netent gang that comprises of five wanted men. Their faces are plastered everywhere with a reward for whoever can shed light on their whereabouts. The criminals need to know that there’s a new sheriff in town who is faster on the reels that any gunslinger. In the Dead or Alive slot review, we’ll delve into just how wild and sticky things can get. Read on!
How to Play Dead or Alive
Before saddling up and virtually embarking on a western adventure, you’ll need to set your wagers in the following way.
- You can decrease or increase your bets by clicking on the – or + icons on Lines and Coin Value.
- If you’re seeking a faster way to set the highest possible wager, then you can instantly do so by clicking on the Bet Max icon.
- Click on the Play/Spin/Start icon to set the reels in motion after deciding on your wagering limit.
- If you wish to revel in a hands-free playing option, then you can click on the Autoplay button that allows you to automatically spin the reels for a given number of times.
The Dead or Alive video slot comes with 9 fixed (non-adjustable) paylines and 5 reels. Nevertheless, punters have free rein to alter the size of their wagers. Therefore, the minimum/maximum bet is 0.01 and 0.50, respectively.
Return to Player (RTP)
It refers to the rate (in percentage) of the wagered cash a slot machine will pay back to punters in the long run. Keeping that in mind, Dead or Alive has a high RTP or payout rate of 96.8% which means players can expect to get back ZAR / ZAR 96.8 for every ZAR / ZAR 100 they bet over time.
It’s no secret that slot machine punters develop a strong sense of preference when it comes to the type of variance or volatility of a slot machine. Therefore, some players gravitate more towards slots like Dead or Alive with high volatility because they’re somewhat less predictable whereby you may or may not get a run of wins. So, players can expect high and less frequent wins compared to low variance titles.
As mentioned earlier, the Scatter images are represented by the crossed pistols that award you 2500 coins for landing five in a row. When you land two, three, or four pistols in a row, you receive 2, 4, and 25 coins, respectively.
The Free Spins Bonus Feature
Landing at least three Scatters (the crossed pistols) awards you 12 free spins and a 2x multiplier. When the free spins bonus feature is in session, the wilds become sticky. And, they remain in position for the duration that the feature is activated, even when the free spins are re-triggered.
Better yet, during the free spins, the sticky wilds that feature on the reels award you an additional five spins. Given that not all slot machines award extra spins when the free spins feature is activated, this sets Dead or Alive apart from the pack. Sticky Wilds are just like a generic Wild symbol which replaces all other icons minus the Scatter during the bonus rounds.
Bonus Symbols and Their Values
The Dead or Alive online slot machine is packed with bonus icons that offer lucrative prizes as discussed below. As is the case with other slot machines from Net Entertainment, punters can expect to stumble upon generic playing cards that bear the following rewards.
The general table is here. The values should be multiplied by the bet level for the final winning.
|Symbol||For 3||For 4||For 5|
|Tot of whiskey||10||50||200|
|Gun and holster||20||100||750|
|Sheriff’s gold star||20||125||1000|
Theme Only one symbol out of the rest pays for the appearance of just 2 on the payline. Scatter gives 2 credits.
Upon loading Netent’s Dead or Alive, you’ll notice it’s a dark and stormy night. With the hurricane lamp swinging away, it’s a gloomy ambience. But, inside the saloon, an amazing game awaits. The visuals are packed with great detail. Therefore, you’ll find a cowboy hat, gun’s holster, cowboy leather boots with spurs, the sheriff’s gold star, a poster of the wanted criminals, and a tot of whiskey that resembles a cup of espresso.
Three bullets coupled with two crossed pistols represent the Scatter symbol. An authentic sepia, brown-tinged look with no garnish greens or reds marks the slot machine’s colour scheme. Players will also find some animations. Upon activating the Scatter images, they’ll see the chamber spinning which ushers in thrilling sound effects. Upon landing two Scatter icons on the first to fourth reels, the 5th reel revs up a gear alongside the music.
The sound effects of barking dogs, a whistle in the dark and creaky wood, tally with the game’s theme. Upon setting the reels in motion, you’ll hear the sound of an old cash register being opened that’s accompanied by a whirring noise. And, when the reels come to a halt, you’ll hear country guitar music. When the free spins mode is activated, players will be in full-on saloon bar territory with sound effects that include a honky-tonk piano. Furthermore, upon clicking on any of the casino slot machine’s controls, you’ll hear the cracking of a whip that also sounds like someone sneezing.
Tips on How to Win
We’ve rounded up a few tips that can come in handy when playing the Dead or Alive slot game and increase your likelihood of winning.
- Money Management: The rule of thumb is to play with cash that you can afford to lose. So, when delighting in Dead or Alive, take it from an entertainment perspective and not as a means to supplement your income. By doing so, if you encounter streaks of luck, then you’ll take home some decent real money wins. And, if you lose the cash you’re comfortable spending, then you will still have had fun without stressing out on trying to recoup your losses by spending even more money.
- Play the slot for free: You can delight in the Dead or Alive slot machine online without having to place a bet. This allows you to engage in it and get acquainted with the ground rules without any type of financial commitment. Moreover, you’ll be playing as though you placed a bet with the only difference being that the subsequent wins you score cannot be withdrawn. So, it’s all about the willingness to learn, the time, and fun.
- Free Spins: By landing as many Scatter images as you can, you get to trigger free spins that can also be retriggered. When free spins are activated, these usher in the possibility of taking home substantial real money winnings.
- Learn the paytable: All slot games, including Dead or Alive, come with a paytable. It contains the game’s crucial details such as the values of each of the different bonus symbols, including the Wild and Scatter, the highest payout you can expect, and much more.
Gaming on the Move
The Dead or Alive online slot machine is a popular option in a myriad of gaming sites that use Netent software. It, therefore, comes as no surprise then that players can get in on the action via their PCs and mobile gadgets (iOS and Android-powered tablets and smartphones). And, you don’t need to download and install any additional software to play because the Dead or Alive slot machine is accessible directly via your web browser courtesy of HTML5 technology.
Where to Play
Punters can revel in the Dead or Alive online slot game, at trusted Netent online casinos such as the ones listed below. Furthermore, they can do so for free or with some money at stake.
- 888 Casino
- Leo Vegas
- Jackpot City
- Ruby Fortune
- Gaming Club
- Energy Casino
Playing the Dead or Alive Slot Game for Real Money
Granted, this Netent title is available in practice mode with no deposit needed which paves the way for players to get the hang of it without putting their money on the line. But, on the flip side, any accrued earnings when playing for free cannot be cashed out. So, to get the opportunity of walking away with some monetary rewards that include the jackpot amount, players will need to adhere to the following procedure.
- Choose a trusted Netent casino such as the ones mentioned above that are governed by regulatory gaming organizations such as the UKGC and the MGA.
- Become a member by filling out the sign-up form with the required details.
- Pass the account verification process by submitting documents like your passport, recent bank statement, or Identity Card, that match the names you used in the registration process.
- If the verification process is successful, you can log in to the casino using your details and make an initial deposit via the available payment options.
- Once the deposited funds are credited to your account, you can launch the Dead or Alive slot game, and place your wagers within the minimum and maximum betting limit. By doing so, there’s a likelihood of walking away with some real money winnings.
With a high payout rate of 96.8%, Dead or Alive is an online slot game that sufficiently rewards players the moment they decide to give it a try. Moreover, with the captivating theme, flexible wagering options, and bonus features, there’s no doubt that this title is a worthy contender that deserves a high ranking.
Internet Slots FAQ’s
Can I play the Dead or Alive game without making a deposit?
Absolutely! The online slot incorporates free or practice mode whereby players can get a piece of the action without having to deposit real money. As such, they can get acquainted with the ins and outs of the slot, such that when they’re ready to play with cash at stake, they have a higher chance of winning. The other way to play without making deposits is by using casino bonuses. Remember to read terms and conditions carefully before using them.
Does the Dead or Alive online slot machine offer free spins?
Yes! Players receive 12 free spins for landing at least three Scatter symbols along with a 2x multiplier. Furthermore, sticky wilds are activated during the free spins feature which ushers in more winning combinations.
Should I download the Dead or Alive game to play?
No! Netent online slots including this one incorporate Instant Play which means you can launch it directly from your tablet, smartphone, or PC without needing to download it to play.
Is the Dead or Alive game safe to play?
Yes! To guarantee the legality of this Netent title, gaming regulatory bodies insists on the use of Random Number Generators (RNGs) that generate winning outcomes sporadically. Testing bodies like the Technical Systems Testing (TST) and e-COGRA ensure that the Dead or Alive machine is safe to play with no form of biasness or cheating occurring.
What is the biggest jackpot ever won on the Dead or Alive slot machine?
The highest reward a player can take home when delighting in this game is 2500 coins.