Recommended Online slots
Introduction to Eye of Horus
In this Eye of Horus slot review, an Egyptian traditional theme slot is found. Designed by Merkur, it is a simple yet interesting theme executed on a basic game matrix. Merkur is a well-known software provider for casino games and belongs to the Gauselmann Group of Germany. It is known for designing multi-faceted games and country-specific theme-based video slots as well.
The Egyptian theme is well known and popular among many software brands; the classic legends and characters of ancient Egypt grace several video slots. Merkur Eye of Horus is another novel take on this theme based on the ancient myth surrounding Horus.
The game opens to reveal 10 paylines and 5 reels. There are bonus features included as well as a Scatter and Wild icon. The main character Horus acts as the Wild along with two Gamble options that open up every time there are wins in the game.
The slot machine is based on the mythical legend of Horus who is a falcon god, one of the ancient deities worshipped in the form of a falcon. His father had been a king who was killed by Seth, the god of violence and disorder. In the fight to avenge the father’s death, Horus lost the left eye. Thoth then brought healing and helped transform the eye, which turned into a magical amulet called Wedjat. Horus was then able to take over Egypt with the eye becoming a symbol of health, good luck, healing and offered protection. Since then, there have been several amulets worth the eye symbol since it is held sacred.
In this particular slot, the main character acts, as the powerful symbol on the lines. The background of the matrix has pyramid walls with inscriptions. There are standard card icons as well.
Unique features here are several:
- The falcon god’s icon is the highest paying and acts as the Wild;
- A golden door represents the Scatter icon. This, in turn, leads to Free Spins and these increase whenever the Wild reappears;
- Every win also brings in the Gamble feature. This includes two mini-games. A player can avail of these every time there is a win. One round consists of choosing the colour of a card that is hidden or playing the ladder. The Gamble of cards includes red and black buttons that one needs to choose from. One can choose a colour, and the amount displayed as per the chosen colour is what one wins additionally. In the ladder round, one can choose to go a step higher or go lower. As one makes the right guesses the payouts get increased by the win amounts shown. However, in case the guesses are incorrect, the wins are forfeited.
How to Play the Game?
One can try the title in demo mode or play with real money. The layout comprises 5 reels and 3 rows. There are 10 paylines that are adjustable. In order to wager real money on the lines, one can take the following steps:
- There are buttons at the bottom using which one can set the paylines he or she wishes to wager; using the ‘+’ and ‘–’ buttons one can then set the wagers for the same accordingly;
- The bets can be placed between 0,1 and 100 for each round; one can then press the spin button and get the reels moving;
- The software also comes with Autoplay feature; this helps automate spins, and it is a mode that one can trigger by clicking on the ‘Autostart’ button; the same can be edited by pressing it again; it is a useful feature to see more spins and wins come about in an uninterrupted manner;
- There is a paytable button that provides information about symbol values, bonus rounds and possible win lines;
- Once the base game starts, as three or more icons are found payouts occur; as the Wild and the Scatter icons occur the reels expand or Free Spins come about; with every win the Gamble feature comes up, providing two mini-games.
If you are wondering what the minimum/maximum bet here is, this is a range between 0,10 pence and 100 per spin. If one wishes to try this slot game for real money, the bet range is a modest one to make a deposit for, allowing one to wager as per their budget.
Highest зayout here includes a non-progressive jackpot reward. This can be 500 times the bet amount or 250,000. The RTP here is 96.31%; this translates to a market average percentage. Also, volatility here is low to medium.
Important Symbols and Their Features
The symbols here comprise of the falcon god, which is the highest paying icon. There are other icons that are typical of the theme, such as a bird that represents Horus, the eye, a blue scarab and ankh. The lower paying card icons are present as well.
The Scatter symbol consists of the golden door; three of it helps activate about 12 Free Spins.
The Free Spins help bring on more win combinations. These are activated by the Scatter icons. While the additional rounds move, as Wilds come on the Free Spins are added more. One Wild is equivalent to one more round; two are equivalent to two more while three are equivalent to five additional rounds.
The Wild symbol is represented by the falcon god’s eye; it is high paying as well, providing about 500 times the bet amount; it expands and fills the reels as and when it comes up. It can replace regular symbols and help provide more win combinations. It can show up and award additional rounds; during free spins, one icon will award one additional round while two of the same will award two extra rounds and five rounds come from three Wilds; when three of the same are found from left to right on a payline, this leads to a win.
High paying symbols and their payouts are:
|Symbols Payout||5 of a Kind||4 of a Kind||3 of a Kind|
|Eye of Horus||10000||500||200|
Game Design, Audio and Visual Effects
The game design is traditional with a grid-like matrix that reveals the different symbols. The overall brown and orange hues blend well to create the typical ancient Egyptian look and feel. There is an instrumental soundtrack that plays in the backdrop. The visuals are simplistic and stream smoothly on any mobile or desktop device.
How to Win? Tips and Strategies
There are different ways to enjoy wins here:
- Any of the icons, including the play card symbols, provide basic payouts as at least three of the same are found left to right on the reels;
- One can wait for the Wild to come about; it does so frequently and helps replace other icons and form win combinations; it also provides high payout, about 500 times the bet amount;
- Three or more Scatter icons lead to Free Spins; these, in turn, will increase chances of landing more win combinations without Multiplier effects;
- Wins are maximum when five Wilds or five Scatters are found on the reels;
- If maximum bet is placed on all paylines, it increases the chance of winning the non-progressive jackpot of 250,000;
- The bonus rounds of Gamble feature can also help increase payouts of the mini-games are guessed correctly.
Mobile Version vs Desktop Version
If you wish to try the slot for free, this video slot has a mobile-friendly version that streams smoothly. The visuals are simple, and so is the gameplay. As a result, one can enjoy this title on a mobile device as well as on the desktop. The software is readily available on many mobile casinos. One can wager with real money and bonuses as well on their mobile devices.
Eye of Horus Wins
If you are wondering about how to win this slot? At this title, it is best to place a maximum bet on all ten paylines.
Jackpot amount here is 500x of the total bet. One can stand to win the highest jackpot award of 250,000 that is non-progressive.
Eye of Horus slot is especially suitable for beginners. The gameplay features are simplistic and easy to understand. With average RTP and low to medium returns, one has great odds of winning. Merkur is known to create stable, fair casino games. As a result, one can try this title with ease at different portals. There is a convenient demo mode that showcases different features. The bet range is a modest one, allowing one to place small bets on the game as they play. It is beneficial to keep several paylines active so that one can see wins happening and spins will continue for a longer time. The basic game and simple bonus features might not hold the interest of experienced gamblers for long.
Internet Slots FAQ’s
Which Online Casinos Offer Eye of Horus Slot Games for Real Money?
Many legitimate casinos hosting Merkur gaming portfolio will also offer this game.
How Can I Play Eye of Horus Slot for Free?
A demo version of the game is out of cost.
Where Can I Play Eye of Horus for Free?
Online casinos hosting the Merkur gaming portfolio will offer a demo mode of this game.
Can I Use a Bonus to Play Eye of Horus Slot Machines Online with Real Money?
Yes, it is possible to use a welcome bonus or no deposit bonus to try this slot with money bets.
Does Eye of Horus Slot Have Free Spins?
Yes, this title has Free Spins as part of the bonus features.
Can I Download Eye of Horus Slot Machine Online?
There is no need to download this software since it runs in instant mode on desktop or mobile browsers.
Can I Play Eye of Horus Slot Without Making a Deposit?
Yes, it is possible to try this slot with the use of Free Spins or demo mode on different websites.
What Is the Biggest Jackpot Ever Won on the Eye of Horus Slot Machine?
The biggest jackpot one can win here is 250,000.
Is Eye of Horus Game Safe?
Yes, it is a product of Merkur which is a licensed and legitimate software provider for casino sites.