Recommended Online slotsShow more
Introduction to the Ring of Odin Slot Review
Ring of Odin slot machine by Play’n Go is a 5×3 reel video slot with 10 paylines, themed around the Norse God of thunder, Odin. This slot machine has some great Play’n Go graphics combined with interesting symbols, user-friendly structured gameplay, free spins, and re-spins, and bonus features with the chance to win up to 5,000 times the player’s initial bet.
Play’n Go Ring of Odin – Some General Information
Ring of Odin slots has, as mentioned, a 5×3 reel structure. This video slot from Play’n Go has 10 fixed lines for all spins. The symbols on the reels are in line with the theme and include runes of various colours such as blue, red, purple, or green and a number of Norse symbols. The Norse symbols include a pack of wolves, crows, a baleful eye, a unicorn, Odin’s mighty sword, and of course, Odin himself.
The Ring of Odin from which the slot derives its name is at the centre of the gameplay, and its presence can trigger Free Spins and re-spins on the reels. Free spins, when triggered, can be accumulated and award some big wins to gamers.
How to Play the Ring of Odin
Playing the Ring of Odin slot, whether as a demo game or for real money is quite straightforward. Here are some pointers on how to go about it:
- A gamer can click on the symbol at the bottom right corner of the interface to gain access to the game’s settings.
- The bet value they want to set can be adjusted using the plus/minus symbols displayed. The bet value increases in multiples of 0.10 until the value is 1.00 credits and then increases by 1.00 until it reaches 10.00 credits. It then increases by 5.00 till 50.00 credits, after which it leaps straight to 100.00 credits.
- There is also the option to activate Autoplay. A player can choose a number of spins to activate it for, beginning with 10 spins. The bet value remains the same for each spin for the duration of the Autoplay. There are options to stop Autoplay in case of decreasing balance, a win above a certain amount, the triggering of free spins, and so on. These can be activated by a gamer.
- There is also a ‘Fast Play’ option that can be activated in order to reduce spin time and speed up the gameplay.
- Having decided upon the bet value and other settings the player simply has to click on the green Spin icon in order to spin the reels and begin the game.
Like most Play’n Go slots, Ring of Odin too allows players a wide range of bet values to choose from depending on their playing strategy.
The minimum bet happens to be 0.10 credits in the case of this slot machine, making it affordable and accessible to most gamers.
The maximum bet can, however, go up to 100 credits. This gives high-rollers an exciting option too and allows for bigger wins as well on the reels.
The RTP at Ring of Odin
Ring of Odin has a Return to the Player ratio of 96.20%. This is a quite encouraging RTP as this Play’n Go slot machine is a medium to high volatility one. The highest payout available is 5,000 times the bet amount which could be a whopping 500,000 credits!
Important Symbols and Their Features
Every good slot has a number of unique symbols designed especially to be incorporated into its gameplay, and in that respect, Ring of Odin most definitely does not disappoint. All of the symbols appearing on the reels have been designed for the game and fit into the Norse mythology theme of the game. These include runes, wolves, crows, and swords, as mentioned. Now the particularly significant symbols include the mighty Odin and the Eye.
Special Symbols that Show you How to Win
Odin’s symbol is the Wild in this slot. It can substitute for all other symbols on the reels, excepting the scatter. So its appearance helps make up winning combinations, often triggering multiple wins as the symbol can be a part of multiple combinations simultaneously.
The scatter symbol in this slot is the baleful Eye. This symbol often blinks at a player from the reels, but it is when three or more land on the reels together, the free spins feature is triggered.
Free Spins and Triggering Them
While a lot of slot machines have one way of triggering free spins, Ring of Odin has two.
- These can be triggered either when the Scatter symbol appears on odd-numbered reels. Or when Odin’s Ring appears suddenly, hovering over the reels during a spin. In either case, a Free Spins feature is started.
- When the scatter triggers the spins, four free spins are awarded. Odin’s Ring is activated during the free spins, and if more scatters land on the reels during the free spins round, one free spin per scatter is added.
- In case Odin’s Ring is randomly triggered, Free Spins are awarded. A single symbol lands within the ring and becomes the chosen symbol. The Odin’s Ring then multiples to cover the nine spots on reels second to fourth.
- If any chosen symbol lands within these rings in the free spin, the Draupnir respin(s) feature is triggered. One respin is awarded per chosen symbol that appears, up to 9 respins. In this feature, the chosen symbol is stacked and covers the three central reels for the duration of all the respins.
- In case the scatter lands in Odin’s Ring, multiplier free spins are started. There is a single respin, and the number of scatter symbols appearing on the central reels determines the multiplier, which can, therefore, go up to ×9. A minimum of 4 multiplier free spins are awarded initially in this feature titled Foresight.
Real Money Payouts on the Ring of Odin Slot
When a gamer is playing using real money, it is important to know the payouts of a slot really well. The following is the real money or demo paytable for Ring of Odin slot machine:
|Symbol||×2 Appearance||×3 Appearance||×4 Appearance|
Game Design, Graphics, and Soundtrack
The Ring is Odin is a slot with clean and lucid but well-crafted graphics from Play’n Go. The theme of Norse mythology is woven into the entirety of the game design, from the symbols to the reels and of course, the gameplay, with Odin’s ring taking centre stage. The action is played out against the backdrop of Asgard with lightning striking, and a storm brewing in the skies as Odin approaches and the soundtrack is designed to complement the thematics and the action.
Some Tips and Strategies for Ring of Odin Slots
Just like with any slot machine worth its salt, Ring of Odin too has its quirks and strategies. Here are some tips to help gamers win on these Nordic reels.
- If you are looking to play Ring of Odin for real money online, it might be a good idea to play the demo version of the game first to get used to the gameplay and the features.
- In case you’re new to the gamble and aren’t looking to bet too significant an amount, adjust your bet value to lower denominations and enjoy the spins while making sure they don’t make a dent in your balance.
Mobile VS PC: Where to Play
Play’n Go has done a pretty good job of optimising the Ring of Odin slot machine for mobile platforms as well for PCs. The graphics playout smoothly on mobile devices and mobile versions of casinos and there aren’t any differences in the gameplay or the bonuses. The overall feel of the slot machine isn’t hampered either with the charm of Norse mythology intact.
Biggest Potential Win on the Reels
Even though Ring of Odin doesn’t boast a jackpot amount, it pays out decently to gamers who spin the reels diligently.
The biggest possible win on this Play’n Go slot is a decent 5,000 times of a player’s bet amount. This could go up to a potential whopping 500,000 credits, making this a slot worth a spin or two for high-rollers as well.
Having taken a detailed look at the workings, gameplay, features, bonuses, and potential wins of the Ring of Odin slot machine crafted by software provider Play’n Go, it’s safe to say that this a well-designed slot machine that has gained popularity for a reason.
- Once you’ve gotten used to the gameplay, you could gradually increase the bet value if you’re looking for some bigger wins. The higher your bet value, the higher the chances of multiplying your wins through the bonus rounds.
- The Ring of Odin feature triggers randomly, and at regular intervals, the trick is to have the game set at a comfortable bet value when it does in order to maximise the Draupnir respin’s potential.
- Going for the Autoplay option once you’re settling into the gameplay could be a good idea as well as the free spins and bonuses often trigger during repeated spins.
It has easy-going gameplay with some thematically exciting bonuses that have been uniquely crafted keeping this slot in mind. What’s more, it has a decent RTP and promises gamers some big wins in the long run.
Internet Slots FAQ’s
How can I play Ring of Odin slot for free?
To play Ring of Odin slot for free, you simply need to access a demo version of this slot which can be found on the top of this page. You can play it without needing to deposit, register and download anything.
Is the Ring of Odin game safe?
Yes, this slot machine is safe for gamers to spin and can be accessed through portals or casinos that have safety guidelines in place and have been vetted by licensing authorities and gambling authorities too.
Does Ring of Odin Real Money slots have a Wild Symbol?
Yes, this slot machine does have a Wild symbol. That happens to be the symbol of the mighty Odin himself! This symbol appears randomly anywhere on the reels during a spin and can substitute for all others, triggering some great wins.
Should I download the Ring of Odin to play?
No, this is a no download game that can be played online at a number of trusted casinos. You don't need to make any downloads in order to play. You can sign in to any trusted casino to play this slot game for real money or simply play the demo version on our site for free.
Top Online Casinos
Up to £150 + 50 FST&Cs Apply
18+. New UK customers only. Opt in required. Bonus can be claimed only once. Minimal deposit required of £10. Max bonus sum = £150. Bonus money must be turned over (wagered) 40 times before bonus funds or associated winnings can be withdrawn. Winnings from bonus spins must be turned over (wagered) 50 times before bonus funds or associated winnings can be withdrawn. 50 bonus spins will be credited automatiсally if bonus was activated and first deposit was made in 48 hours after registration. Welcome Spins must be used in 24 hours after they were credited. Max. bet allowed £5 per bet/spin when wagering with bonus money. General T&C and General Promotion Terms apply. Play responsibly. This bonus is available till 31.08.22.
100% up to £100+ 300 Free Spins on StarburstT&Cs Apply
18+ Full T&Cs Apply. New UK Players Only. £10 Min Deposit. £5 Max Bet using Bonus. Max Bonus £100. 40x Wagering Req. Issued Bonus valid for 14 days. 30 Spins credited instantly upon qualifying Deposit + 30 per day for 9 days on Starburst. Credited Free Spins valid for 72 hours. Max Free Spin winnings £100. Ewallets excluded. www.begambleaware.org
100% up to £100T&Cs Apply
1st time depositor at 888casino only. £20 min deposit. Claim within 48 hrs. Valid for selected games. Bonus wins capped at £500, excl. JP wins. 30x wagering – req. vary by game. Bonus expires within 90 days. Payment method & country restrictions apply. Withdrawal terms & T&Cs apply.