Top Online Casino Sites in the UK 🎖️
The UK has lots of online casinos, with games such as slots continuing to get more popular. But with so much choice when it comes to UK online casinos, how do you know which to join? Our guide to the best online casino sites in the UK has all the answers – read on for full details.
Best Online Casinos in the UK 🎖️
🍀 Choosing an Online Casino – What Should I Consider?
A variety of factors should be taken into account when setting up a new online casino account. Here, we look at some of the major areas to consider when deciding to join an online casino.
🎁 Bonus Offers
The best UK casino sites all have bonus offers available, including top welcome deals for new users that are designed to get as many customers as possible to sign up.
It may seem that the larger the amount of bonus money offered in a deal, the better, but this is not necessarily always going to be the case. Looking over the small print of the terms and conditions will help players to work out whether or not bonus offers can be deemed good value.
Wagering requirements often dictate the value of bonus offers – more information on them later – while other things to watch out for include maximum win limits and game restrictions too.
While a big welcome offer is a good way for sites to tempt new players to sign up for an account, they cannot afford to ignore their existing customers either. As a result, reload offers and other bonuses such as VIP rewards schemes are available too.
💷 Deposit & Withdrawal Options
Players might have a certain banking method that they prefer when using real money casinos. As a result, it is worth checking in advance to make sure that this is going to be available. For example, cryptocurrency is becoming a more popular method to deposit funds into accounts.
But while there are a growing number of crypto casinos out there in the UK, many of the biggest and best sites for games like slots are yet to allow crypto to be used as a deposit method.
Also worth noting in the deposit and withdrawal options offered by a site is whether or not there are fees charged per transaction – if this is the case, players will not receive their full winnings.
🎰 Games Available
The number of games offered by sites is often thousands these days, so there is usually a big choice on offer. But the types of games available can vary by a surprising amount across sites.
As an example, not all casinos have games from all of the major studios and developers in the business. If a site is missing games from a major company such as NetEnt, for example, then some of the most popular casino games are going to be absent from its library of titles.
Live dealer games have become some of the most popular to play at an online casino in the last few years. They are a social alternative to most casino games, so sites have been rushing to make sure they have a strong live dealer department with a good range of games to pick from.
Bingo is even offered by a lot of sites in the UK nowadays, while some of them have a specific poker site as well as video poker for those who like to test their skills on their favourite game.
Progressive jackpots are always going to be among the top games to play at a site, so it is worth seeing what options the casino has in this department. With millions of pounds up for grabs on a single spin of the reels on many jackpot slots, they are always going to be alluring. How often new games are added to a casino site’s library of titles is worth checking as well.
💸 Withdrawal Timeframe
Players at casinos hate a long wait to get their hands on their winnings, so the timeframe for withdrawals out a site’s cashier is one of the most important things for users to consider. Certain payment methods are known for being quicker than others, which is worth noting too.
Taking out winnings from an online casino site is always going to be a lot faster if a player opts to use cryptocurrency or an e-wallet like Skrill or PayPal when compared to a bank transfer.
It is not uncommon for withdrawing winnings via a bank transfer to take up to a week, while those who pick e-wallets should get their hands on their money in a matter of hours at the most.
Sometimes, sites will allow withdrawals to be cancelled while they are pending. This can be handy for those players who change their minds about taking money out of an account.
As part of the withdrawal timeframe, a site may require a player to submit certain documents. Copies of ID such as a passport or a driving licence may be required as proof of identity.
Some sites have a system for submitting these documents. Others require an email to be sent.
🖥️ Live Casino Availability
As noted above, live dealer games are some of the most popular to play at an online casino. Casino classics such as blackjack, roulette and baccarat are usually among those offered live.
However, it is often the case that live dealer games based on Monopoly and Deal or No Deal are also included in the selection, along with games such as Cash or Crash and Crazy Time.
☎️ Customer Support
Most top online casinos these days have 24/7 customer support, but this is not always the case.
In an ideal world, customer service will be accessible via a range of options such as live chat, email and telephone, while help can be found via social media at some sites as well.
A good frequently asked questions section is also a must for the best online casinos in the UK.
Safety and security is paramount for players joining a UK online casino site, which should have measures in place such as SSL encryption in order to protect the financial information of users.
If a site does not have a strong security policy in place, this will be a red flag for many players.
⚖️ Legislation & Licensing
In order to legally operate in the UK, sites need to have a licence from the Gambling Commission, which is the official body responsible for the regulation of online betting. Without this licence, sites offering casino games to players in the UK are breaking the law.
🏆 Reviews and Ratings
Players will probably also want to check out reviews and ratings of sites by fellow users too. After all, a thorough recommendation from someone who plays at such sites counts for a lot.
🚀 New Technologies and Gamification
If an online casino makes the most of new technologies, this is likely to be a big tick in the box. Among the top trends of new casino sites these days is gamification, which involves elements from video games such as collecting XP, which can also be used as part of a site’s reward system as well.
💳 Deposit and Withdrawal Methods at Online Casino Sites
UK online casino sites have a few different banking methods that can be used. Here are some of the main deposit and withdrawal methods that are offered at gambling sites in the UK:
- Debit cards: While credit cards can no longer be used to make a deposit at an online casino, debit cards from Visa, Maestro and Mastercard can usually be used. Debit cards are a popular deposit method as most people have them, while deposits are instant.
- E-wallets: PayPal, Skrill and other e-wallets such as Neteller have also become a popular way to add funds to online casino accounts. The benefits of using e-wallets include that they are among the fastest ways to withdraw winnings from online casino accounts.
- Bank transfer: A traditional payment method, many people who play at an online casino still prefer to deposit and withdraw with a bank transfer. However, a bank transfer tends to be a slow way to withdraw winnings – players can be left waiting for up to a week.
- Pay by phone bill: For smaller deposits into an online casino account, pay by phone bill is a good option. Users will simply see their deposit amount reflected in their phone bill.
- Apple Pay/Google Pay: Mobile play at online casinos continues to grow in popularity. On iOS, Apple Pay can now be used on many sites, while Google Play is offered for Android.
- Paysafecard: Considered one of the safest deposit methods, these vouchers with a 16-PIN code are secure but cannot be used to withdraw winnings from casino accounts.
- Cryptocurrency: Many online casinos now allow crypto to be used for deposits and even withdrawals. Bitcoin is accepted at a growing number of UK sites, with the likes of Ripple, Litecoin and Ethereum among the major crypto options that are available too.
🎲 The Most Popular Online Casino Games in the UK
UK gambling sites tend to offer a wide range of the best online casino games. There are plenty of different types of games to try out, but here are some of the main categories that are offered:
- Slots: At most UK sites, the majority of games that can be played are online slots. There are various types of online slot games, from branded titles based on TV shows and movies to progressive jackpots, where a group of games offer a shared massive prize.
- Roulette: A casino classic, spinning the roulette wheel remains popular at UK online casinos. The outcome of a roulette wheel spin is generated randomly to ensure fairness.
- Blackjack: Also known as pontoon or 21, blackjack is a simple casino game that can be played online, with many UK sites now having live dealer blackjack tables available too.
- Baccarat: Particularly popular in Asia, baccarat is another basic casino game that, like blackjack, has a low house edge, meaning it is a good value choice at an online casino.
- Keno: This lottery-like gambling game is thought to have originated in China, but it can now be played at online casinos around the world. The house edge is quite high, though.
- Video poker: Similar to a slot game, video poker sees players try to get as good a hand as possible, but they are merely playing against the machine rather than other users.
- Bingo: Lots of online casinos now have bingo games available to play, with tickets often available to buy for just a penny. Online bingo games are particularly sociable as well.
- Scratch cards: Instant win games such as scratch cards remain popular at online casinos. There can be big prizes up for grabs, and ticket prices can be quite low too.
- Craps: This casino game sees players make wagers on the outcome of throwing dice. Craps can be complicated and unfathomable at first, but the game is a lot of fun to play.
📌 How Do I Start Playing at a UK Online Casino Site?
For new players, it might not be clear how to sign up at the best UK online casinos. Our step-by-step guide has all the answers for those who want to join a UK casino site.
- Choose a casino site: The first step is deciding which online casino to play at. Above, we have gone through some of the main things to consider when picking the top casino site.
- Register for an account: Joining the casino involves filling in a short registration form. Players have to enter details like their name, address and date of birth into the form.
- Claim a bonus: During registration, players might have the chance to enter a promo or bonus code in order to claim a welcome bonus, which could be a boost on their deposit.
- Verify the account: Many online casinos now require players to verify their accounts. This is usually done via email, but sometimes verification is also done by text message too.
- Upload KYC documents: Players might need to upload documents such as a copy of their ID as part of the KYC – know your customer – checks that online casinos carry out.
- Make a deposit: After all that, players are ready to make a deposit. Most online casinos have plenty of deposit and withdrawal options available – see common choices above.
- Start playing: Once the deposit is complete, users can start playing their favourite games!
💯 What is the UK Gambling Commission & How Does It Protect Players?
The UK Gambling Commission is the body responsible for regulating online gambling in the UK. Responsible gambling and making betting safer for everyone are core to what the UKGC does.
The best online casinos in the UK need to have a licence from the Gambling Commission. This ensures that they are legal and safe to use in the UK, while it also means they will have a responsible gambling policy in place in order to protect their players. The Gambling Commission is tough on compliance and enforcement, which means that the best UK online casinos need to ensure they are following best practice for the industry in order not to risk the body’s wrath.
One of the major changes to legislation that a casino site needed to be aware of in recent years came from the Gambling Commission, which announced a ban on credit card deposits. This means that it is no longer possible to deposit funds into an online casino site in the UK with a credit card, though debit cards from Visa, MasterCard and Maestro remain widely accepted.
Announcing the move, which was introduced in April 2020, the UKGC chief executive Neil McArthur explained the reasoning behind the decision to ban credit card deposits.
“Credit card gambling can lead to significant financial harm. The ban that we have announced today should minimise the risks of harm to consumers from gambling with money they do not have,” he said in a statement. “Research shows that 22 per cent of online gamblers using credit cards are problem gamblers, with even more suffering some form of gambling harm.”
“We also know that there are examples of consumers who have accumulated tens of thousands of pounds of debt through gambling because of credit card availability. There is also evidence that the fees charged by credit cards can exacerbate the situation because the consumer can try to chase losses to a greater extent.”
The ban on credit card deposits at online casinos shows how the body protects UK players.
🔥 Best UK Casino Bonuses
Online casino players in the UK have access to various types of casino bonuses in the UK, like the following:
🍀 Welcome Bonuses
New players at online casinos will typically be able to claim a welcome bonus, which could include a boost to their initial deposit, as well as free spins to be used on slot games.
The amount of bonus money up for grabs at UK sites varies, but it is often the case that a 100 per cent boost is offered for the first deposit a player makes, though there is a limit, of course.
Welcome bonuses at some top UK sites are also spread out over the first few deposits made by a player, which can bump up the total amount of bonus money that is available to claim.
⭐ No Deposit Bonuses
At some UK online casinos, it is even possible to get a bonus without making a deposit.
No deposit bonuses may include a small amount of bonus money – which will be subject to terms and conditions – while free spins could be offered as part of the no deposit deal as well.
The amount of bonus money offered in no deposit bonuses does tend to be a lot lower than for the welcome bonuses detailed above. However, they offer a chance to test casinos out for free.
💫 Reload Bonuses
Bonuses are not just aimed at new players, with sites having deals for existing customers too.
Reload bonuses work in much the same way as a deposit bonus as part of a welcome offer. Players might get a 100 per cent boost on the deposit they make on a certain day of the week.
📝 UK Casinos Bonuses – Key Terms & Conditions
Bonuses at casino sites UK have a few key terms and conditions to watch for, like the following:
- Wagering requirements: All casino bonuses tend to come with wagering requirements attached. The wagering requirements for bonuses must be met before the money becomes available to be withdrawn as cash. For example, £10 bonus money with a wagering of 50x means a player must wager £500 to complete the offer. Wagering requirements help to dictate whether online casino bonuses are good value. It is worth checking the small print as not all games will contribute 100 per cent towards the requirements either, though games such as slots will usually be for the full amount.
- Max bet limit: The terms and conditions of casino bonuses may also have a maximum bet limit in place. This is in order to make it more challenging to complete wagering requirements, therefore protecting the casino from sustaining large losses on a deal.
- Winning cap and maximum withdrawal: Another way casinos protect themselves when they offer bonuses is through either a winning cap or a maximum withdrawal. When offering a welcome bonus, a site might have a winning cap of £50 in place for a deal.
- Time-related limit: It is usually the case that casino bonuses in the UK have a time limit. Most offers expire in seven days, so players have a week to use a bonus, or they lose it.
- Games restrictions: Certain online casinos will also place game restrictions on bonuses. This means players have to use the bonus on certain games in order to meet conditions.
Internet Slots FAQ’s
⚖️ Can I Be Sure These Casinos Are Legit and Will Pay Out?
Yes, all the top online casinos that we recommend here are legit and will pay out. They are all licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission, ensuring that they are safe for UK players to use for online games like jackpot slots.
🤩 How Many Casinos Are There in the UK?
The UK has more than 100 brick-and-mortar casinos, but playing at a casino online has become a lot more popular in the last few years.
🤔 Are Online Casinos Rigged?
No, many UK players may be concerned about whether casino websites are rigged, but this is not the case. Games work on a random number generator to ensure the outcome is fully fair.
💰 Which Online Casino Game Has the Best Payouts?
Top-rated casinos tend to pay out at a similar rate, with the best payouts often found on games such as progressive jackpots rather than on specific top casino sites in the UK.
💡 Do I Need to Pay Tax on My Winnings?
No, one of the best things about playing at the UK's most popular online casinos is that there is no need to pay tax on winnings, so 100 per cent of the money will be yours to keep.
💳 Can I Deposit Using my PayPal Account or Credit Card?
As a result of a change to the law a couple of years ago, real money casinos in the UK are no longer able to access deposits using credit cards. However, sites like low deposit casinos and new casino sites do usually allow deposits to be made via e-wallets such as PayPal.
📱 Do I Need to Download Any Software?
There is not normally any need to download software to play at the UK's biggest online casinos, though it is sometimes an option. Some of the best casino sites have a mobile app to use too.
✨ How Do Online Casino Bonuses Work?
Online casino bonuses aimed at UK players work in a few different ways, but they are often paid out as a welcome bonus. Terms and conditions to look out for include wagering requirements, whether or not there is a time limit and if there is a maximum win limit imposed on the deal.
🤑 Is There Any Money to be Won at Online Casinos?
Yes, there is money to be won at the best casino sites for UK players, though, of course, there can never be any guarantees. Online gambling at UK casinos should be treated as a hobby.